Nightmares : A Haiku Collection

There was this squid, right –
whose tentacles touched and
rubbed the parts it shouldn't.

- Chris Brandon
Always shopping malls,
miles and miles of dingy stores...
Horror: no way out!

- Etienne Domingue
Monster under bed
Saliva drips to the floor
Feeding time begins

- Nick Wilson
Six-fifteen a.m.
Before the alarm goes off
The machines are back.

- Eleanor Gang
Palms remain sweaty
Breathing comes hoarse and ragged
End is not the end

- Nick Wilson
Alien drives car
Like Fred Flinstone with his feet.
River of acid.

(Based off of a real nightmare my friend had when we were kids.)

- Chris Brandon
The dark is inside
where we cannot murder it.
We become victims.

- Mathew Stiffel
I wish that it were
But the horrible truth is
This is not a dream.

- Simon Smart
I open my eyes
Only to discover that
I’m back in grade nine.

We cannot get out
Bridge and Second Hall; taken
Drums, Drums in the Deep.

- Gordon Lambie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers